‘Shelter in Place’ warning issued near Wenatchee fires, some residents told to go indoors

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WENATCHEE – A shelter in place warning was issued Monday morning near the Bluebird Fire in Wenatchee because of an ammonia leak.

Chelan County Emergency Management alerted the public of the leak around 11:10 a.m. Residents were told to close their windows and turn of air conditioning.

Officials said concerns about ammonia have been present since last night, since an industrial fire started burning.

By 12:30 p.m., the ammonia dissipated and was no longer an issue. The shelter in place restriction was lifted.

This story is breaking and will be updated as more information becomes available.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

3 comments

  • Jeffrey

    I realize this is dangerous cituation with ammonia plus it hot. It s ironic to tell people to turn off the AC and close doors and windows.. It would be like leaving an animal in a hot car.!!