Q13 FOX Season of Giving

Parents trapped in back room as fire rips through home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

photoRENTON — A house fire in Renton trapped a mother and father in a backroom before firefighters could arrive on the scene and put out the blaze Wednesday Morning.

The fire started sometime around 4 a.m. Wednesday in the 16000 block of 132nd Place Southeast in Renton. According to firefighters, three people were in the home when the fire broke out. A young son was able to escape the house on his own, but his two parents were trapped in a backroom of the home as the fire raged around them. The father was able to climb out of a window before firefighters arrived, but the woman was too weak from smoke inhalation to move, firefighters said.

Firefighters were called and a fire crew arrived on scene and quickly put out the blaze. The mother survived the fire, but she was treated for smoke inhalation. Her injuries are not expected to be life-threatening.

Officials don’t know why the fire began. Fire investigators arrived on the scene around 6 a.m.

Early estimates on the amount of damage to the home were not available.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s