SEATTLE -- Three Puget Sound Energy workers were injured after a third party hit a natural gas line that belongs to the utility company and sparked a major leak and fire.
The leak happened late Friday morning on Midvale Avenue North in Seattle. Officials said that contractors accidentally cut a 2-inch gas line.
While PSE workers were trying to contain the leak, the line caught fire.
Officials said the best way to manage the fire was to let the natural gas burn off naturally.
The fire department evacuated businesses and homes within a half-block radius of the leak and fire.
It's unclear how deep the lines are, or how many people had to be evacuated.
The PSE workers are in stable condition and expected to be OK.