Police searching for suspect who shot 5 people after argument in downtown Seattle

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SEATTLE — A man who was involved in an argument in downtown Seattle began to walk away, then turned and opened fire Wednesday night, police said.  Five people were wounded.

As of Thursday morning, two male victims were in serious condition, a male and a female were satisfactory and one male had been released, a Harborview Medical Center spokesperson said. Their ages range between 20 to 50 years old.

Police said the shooting was unrelated to an anti-Trump protest that was occurring elsewhere in downtown Seattle.

Data pix.

Seattle Assistant Police Chief Robert Merner said four men and one woman were hurt after an argument near Pine Street and Third Avenue outside a 7-Eleven store near a busy bus stop.

"There was some type of argument that took place, a suspect walked away and then fired into crowd striking those individuals," Merner said.

Data pix.

The Seattle Police Department said that at about 6:45 p.m., Seattle police officers and King County sheriff’s deputies rushed to 3rd Avenue and Pine Street after hearing gunfire.

"Police found five victims on the street in front of a convenience store and at an adjacent bus stop," the SPD said.

Police said the victims were taken to Harborview Medical Center.

Merner told reporters the shooting appeared to be a result of some kind of argument on the street. The suspect turned to walk away and turned back and opened fire, police said.

The suspect then fled on foot.

Police said they were bringing members of the gang unit and homicide unit in to investigate the shooting.

Data pix.
Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.