Man on fire runs to fast-food restaurant for help
Phoenix, AZ (KTVK) — A man was taken to a hospital in critical condition Thursday night after he was seen fully engulfed in flames at a Phoenix shopping center, according to police.
Lindsay Reidlinger, a manager at the Arby’s near 35th and Glendale avenues, said customers in the drive-thru came into the restaurant screaming that a man was on fire. She grabbed a fire extinguisher and put out the flames.
“He was just standing there,” Reidlinger said. “He wasn’t yelling or anything. He just looked like in complete shock.”
The man then walked into the nearby Taco Bell and asked for water. Witnesses said he was still smoldering.
The man reportedly has burns over 90 percent of his body and was taken to the Arizona Burn Center at Maricopa Medical Center.
Police are investigating