SEATTLE — 12s, you know who you are.
The 2014 NFL season kicked off Thursday night when the Seahawks beat the Packers 36 – 16 at CenturyLink Field.
Now, the Facebook data team is analyzing where each team’s fans live across the country. Each county is color-coded based on which official NFL team page has the most Facebook “Likes” by people who live in that county.
The Seahawks fan base naturally lives in the Pacific Northwest. No surprise there.
The Dallas Cowboys — often referred to as “America’s Team” — have a hold on a large number of counties.
In some cases, entire states are devoted to just one team — like Washington to the Seahawks, Colorado to the Broncos and Minnesota to the Vikings.
But one team did not even make the list — the New York Jets. Facebook’s data team says, “the New York Jets do not have a plurality of fans in any U.S. county.”
Notes from Facebook data about the NFL season opener:
Thursday night’s season opener between the Green Bay Packers and Seattle Seahawks drove a high level of conversation on Facebook, with more than 8.5 million people generating nearly 15 million Facebook interactions (posts, comments and likes).
The Top 5 “most social” moments were:
1. Green Bay taking an early 7-3 lead after John Kuhn’s 2-yard touchdown run
2. Marshawn Lynch scoring from 9 yards out as Seattle takes a 17-10 lead
3. The 2014 NFL season officially gets under way as Seattle kicks off to Green Bay to start the game
4. Lynch scoring his second rushing touchdown of the game as the Seahawks extend their lead to 29-10
5. Russell Wilson connecting with Ricardo Lockette on a 33-yard passing TD as Seattle regains the lead 10-7 early in the second quarter