SEATTLE — If you’re driving from West Seattle or lower South Spokane Street to southbound Interstate 5 this weekend, plan for delays. Crews will close both upper and lower ramps of the South Spokane Street viaduct to southbound I-5, the Washington State Department of Transportation said Thursday.
This is the final weekend of ramp closures to repair aging expansion joints on the West Seattle/I-5 interchange, the department said. The ramps will close at 10 p.m. Friday, May 3, and reopen by 5 a.m. Monday, May 6.
- West Seattle Bridge ramp to southbound I-5 closed 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- Lower South Spokane Street/Sixth Avenue South ramp to southbound I-5 closed 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- The right lane of southbound I-5 in the vicinity of the South Spokane Street/I-5 interchange closed during the following times:
- 9 p.m. Friday to 10 a.m. Saturday
- 8 p.m. Saturday to 11 a.m. Sunday
- 7 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday
Detour route to southbound I-5
- To southbound I-5: Fourth Avenue South to South Michigan Street to South Bailey Street to southbound I-5.