Update on Service Interruption for Dish Subscribers – Click here

Woman accused of driving car into 2 teens pleads not guilty

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WomanSEATTLE — The 37-year-old woman accused of intentionally ramming her car into two Chief Sealth International High School students pleaded not guilty Monday to two counts of second-degree assault and one count of felony hit-and-run.

Witnesses said O’Brien got upset after Goodwin tapped her dog on the head on Thistle SW near the Chief Sealth school on Nov. 28. After a fight, police said, O’Brien drove away, but returned to confront Goodwin and a 17-year-old female student.

O’Brien made her first court appearance in November while one of the victims, 18-year-old Cassandra Goodwin, was still fighting to recover in Harborview Medical Center.

Earlier this month, prosecutors had requested that the defendant be held on $250,000 bail. However, the court struck the bail and released the O’Brien on a summons to appear in court.

A case setting hearing is scheduled for January 17.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s