Vacation to the Disneyland® Resort Sweepstakes
- Sponsors. This watch and win sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by KCPQ (“Station”), 1813 Westlake Ave. N, Seattle, WA 98109 (collectively, the “Sponsor(s)”). This Sweepstakes is void where taxed, restricted, or prohibited and is subject to all local, state, and federal laws. By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor(s), which shall be final and not subject to appeal.
- Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter. The Sweepstakes is open to permanent legal U.S. residents who reside within KCPQ’s viewing area and who are at least 21 years of age at the time of entry. Current or former employees of KCPQ, Nexstar Media Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries, Disney Companies, the other Sponsors, the other television and radio stations and multichannel video programming distributors in KCPQ’s viewing area, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising or promotional agencies (including anyone who prepares and/or distributes Sweepstakes materials), and the immediate family members or persons living in the same household (whether related or not) of all the foregoing are not eligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
Participants are eligible to win a KCPQ contest or sweepstakes only once (1) every 30 days. Only one (1) winner per household is permitted in any contest or sweepstakes. Participants are eligible to win a prize valued at $600.00 or more only once (1) every six (6) months. Text, data, or messaging rates may apply.
- Entry. This watch and win Sweepstakes will accept entries beginning on February 17, 2020 at 5:00 a.m. PT and ending on February 28, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. PT. To enter the Sweepstakes, participants must visit q13fox.com/contests. Entrants must include their name, phone number, e-mail address, date of birth, zip code and the correct “keyword of the day” in order to enter. The keyword of the day, which changes daily, will be provided during Q13 News This Morning, weekdays between 5:45 a.m. PT and 6:15 a.m. PT. Incomplete entries will not be considered. All entries must be received by February 28, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. PT. One (1) entry per person per day will be accepted for a total of 10 potential entries.
Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for broadcast delays, technical or computer, telephone service outages, delays, equipment malfunctions, busy signals, hang-ups, errors or data loss of any kind, lost or unavailable connections, or late, lost, failed, illegible, incomplete, garbled or deleted entries, transmissions, or voicemails or other network or technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call or online entry, or for printing errors in any advertisement, entry form, or the rules.
An entrant may use only one email address to submit entries during the Sweepstakes. If an entrant uses multiple email addresses to submit more than one entry per day, the entrant will be disqualified. For entries submitted online, entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning the e-mail address or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Any automated or computer-generated entries, fake or duplicate identities, spam, or improper techniques (as determined by the Sponsor(s)) will be disqualified. Any questions regarding the validity, completeness, or number of entries submitted by an individual or the identity of the authorized account holder of an e-mail address, phone number, or social media profile shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion. The Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entrant who acts in a disruptive, harassing, vulgar, or unsportsmanlike manner, as determined by the Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion.
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If the Sponsor(s) determine(s), in its/their sole discretion, that there is any suspected or actual tampering with the Sweepstakes (electronic or otherwise) or if technical difficulties (e.g. infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor(s)) compromise the security, fairness, integrity or administration of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to void the entries at issue and/or modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes and conduct a random drawing to award the prize among all eligible entries received as of the termination date. If the Sweepstakes is terminated due to tampering or technical difficulties prior to its expiration date, notice will be posted online at q13fox.com. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entrant that tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates the Official Rules of the Sweepstakes. Entries not conforming to announced entry specifications will not be acknowledged or returned.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE OR SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Prize(s). There will be one (1) winner in this Sweepstakes. On March 3. 2020 at 10 a.m. PT, the winner will be randomly selected from all eligible entries, which include the correct keyword of the particular day for that entry. Winner will be notified that they won by phone or e-mail. The winner will receive one vacation package for up to four persons (the “Vacation Package”) consisting of the following: (i) Up to four round trip coach air fares on Alaska Airlines between the SeaTac Airport and the Southern California airport as chosen by Disney (with possible layovers); (ii) A voucher for up to four round trip ground transfers between the Southern California airport and The Disneyland® Resort; (iii) Room accommodations consisting of one (1) standard room (with a maximum of four persons per room) for two consecutive nights at a Disneyland® Resort Hotel or area hotel selected by Disney in its sole discretion. (iv) Up to four (4) 3-Day 1-Park Disneyland® Resort Tickets good for admission to Disneyland® Park or Disney California Adventure® Park, but not to both Parks on the same day (subject to restrictions).
The approximate retail value of the prize package is $3,368.00. Entrants can win only once. The prize is provided by and all prize fulfillment obligations will be the responsibility of Disney Companies.
Travel for the Vacation Package must be completed and tickets must be used by December 15, 2020 and the winner and his/her guests must travel together on the same itinerary. Guests (and parent or legal guardian of any guest who is a minor) may be required to sign and return a release prior to accompanying winner on prize trip. Guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian who must be at least 18 years of age.
Certain restrictions shall apply to the Vacation Package, which restrictions shall be determined by Disney in its sole and absolute discretion. Vacation Package is subject to hotel availability at The Disneyland® Resort. Advance reservations required and may require a Saturday night stay. Winner and his/her guests must travel together on the same itinerary. The Vacation Package shall not include the following: airport departure fees; baggage fees; travel insurance; hotel room service; parking fees; laundry service; food; alcoholic beverages; merchandise, souvenirs, etc.; local and long distance telephone calls; tips, gratuities, service charges, resort fees; and any taxes; or all other charges not explicitly included in the package. Prize (and all elements thereof) cannot be redeemed for cash, transferred, traded, resold, offered for resale, rescheduled or substituted for any other items by winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a comparable prize of like or greater value, including cash for prize, for any reason. All federal, state, and local taxes associated with the prize, as well as costs of transportation, parking, souvenirs, refreshments and accommodations, where applicable, and any other cost not specifically included in the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Properly claimed prize will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules.
The potential winners will be contacted by a representative of the Sponsors and must reply within 24 hours to maintain eligibility. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within this time period or fails to respond to any attempted contact, such potential winner will be disqualified, his/her entry will be declared null and void and the Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to choose another potential winner by the process referred to above.
All results are unofficial until winner(s) is/are verified by the Sponsor(s). Prizes may not be exchanged, substituted, transferred or redeemed for other prizes by winner. Cash will not be awarded as a substitute for prize. Prizes are awarded ‘as is’ with no guarantees or warranties as to use, merchantability, or fitness for a specific purpose, and the Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for defective prizes. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to substitute a prize in their sole discretion without an on-air or off-air announcement, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Other terms and conditions may apply.
- Conditions for Acceptance of the Prize(s). The winner must claim the prize(s) in-person at the Station, located at 1813 Westlake Ave. N, Seattle, WA 98109, during regular business hours (Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT, excluding holidays). Prize(s) will not be mailed under any circumstances. The prize(s) must be claimed by March 17, 2020 at 5 p.m. PT or it/they will be forfeited. Winner will be required to provide a valid government issued photo identification card and to execute an affidavit of eligibility and publicity and liability release prior to receiving their prize(s). The Station may require the winner’s guests, invitees, or travel companions to sign liability releases prior to receiving the prize. All unclaimed or rejected prizes will be forfeited. Failure by the winner(s) to respond to the Station’s messages, calls, e-mails or other notifications will lead to forfeiture of the prize(s). Failure to completely fill out and sign all waivers, releases, or forms requested by the Station will result in forfeiture of the prize(s). Upon forfeiture of the prize(s), the Station has the right to award that prize to another winner using the method described above. A winner who forfeits any prize is not eligible to win another Contest conducted by the Station for thirty (30) days.
Payment of all federal, state and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner(s) and the winner(s) may receive an IRS 1099 Form or equivalent from the Sponsor(s). The Sponsor(s) will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) is/are required to fill out any tax forms requested by the Sponsor(s) in order to receive their prize(s).
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all license and registration fees, accommodations, transportation costs, gratuities and all other items of an incidental nature. All expenses on receipt and use of prize(s) are the sole responsibility of the winner(s), the Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for any weather changes or extenuating circumstances relating to a prize received. The Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for replacing or reimbursing winners with any form of compensation for events that are delayed or canceled. All delays and cancellations are deemed beyond the control of the Sponsor(s). This includes, but is not limited to, event cancellations, trip schedule changes, flight cancellations, changes in travel arrangements, travel delays of any form and duration, game cancellations and delays, as well as all acts of nature. The Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for any expenses incurred by Sweepstakes winners as a result of such delays or cancellations. Sponsor(s) will not be responsible for failure to supply the prize(s) by reason of any force majeure events, such as acts of God, war, terrorist attacks, unusually severe weather, labor strikes, or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor(s).
By accepting the prize, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, likeness, biographical information, and entry materials used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Sweepstakes, and in any media whatsoever, including the Station and on q13fox.com, for any purpose whatsoever, worldwide, in perpetuity, without any further authorization or compensation to the winner(s).
- Social Media. For contests or sweepstakes promoted on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, iHeartRadio, or any other social media website (each a “Social Media Site” and collectively the “Social Media Sites”), the Sponsors reserve the right to void any entrant’s entry in the Sweepstakes for failure to abide by the guidelines, policies, or procedures of the applicable Social Media Site, and to delete or remove any of entrant’s related “Likes,” comments, posts, tweets, videos, photos, user generated content, or other electronic messages, communications, or submissions at their discretion. The Sponsors also reserve the right to block, ignore, report, and/or completely prevent any entrant, account, user, or profile from accessing the Sweepstakes and/or the Sponsors’ profile(s), account(s), website(s), blog(s) or handle(s). This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with the Social Media Sites. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold the Social Media Sites harmless from any or all claims, liability, damages, judgments, fines, costs, expenses related to or associated with their participation in this Sweepstakes. Entrants understand that by logging-in to the applicable Social Media Site, that they agree to comply with the Social Media Site’s Terms of Service, and that their personal information is subject to the Privacy Policies and information collection practices of the Social Media Site. Entrants agree that the Sponsors are not responsible for the collection, disclosure, transfer, or dissemination of their personal information, whether directly or indirectly, by third party advertisers, marketers, or any other transferees. For entries submitted through the Social Media Sites, the Sponsors may be limited to using the information in a manner set forth by the Social Media Sites and in no other way.
- Limitation on Liability. Sponsor(s) disclaim(s) all liabilities to the winner(s) with respect to receipt and use of the prize(s). Winners and their guests or travel companions, by acceptance of their prize(s), agree to release and hold the Sponsor(s), Disney Companies and its/their affiliated companies, their advertising, promotion and production agencies, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives harmless from any and all liability, claims, causes of actions, damages, fines, and costs of any kind whatsoever (including reasonable attorney’s fees) which may be sustained directly or indirectly to persons or property in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to any Sweepstakes or prize-related activity.
- Reservation of Rights. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to make changes to these Official Rules in their sole discretion which will become effective upon announcement. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to cancel or terminate this Sweepstakes for any reason in the event that it cannot be run or administered as intended by the Sponsor(s). Any such changes or termination will be announced on q13fox.com.
- Contact Information. For questions or more information about this Sweepstakes, please contact KCPQ at 1813 Westlake Ave. N, Seattle, WA 98109 and q13fox.com. For a copy of these rules, addendum, and/or list of winners please go to q13fox.com/contests or send a self-addressed stamped envelope to KCPQ at 1813 Westlake Ave. N, Seattle, WA 98109, within sixty (60) days of the end of this Sweepstakes.
No purchase necessary. Must be 21+ & legal resident of WA in KCPQ broadcast viewing area. Void where prohibited & outside sweepstakes area. Sweepstakes period: 2/17/20-2/28/20. Entrants must complete the entry form and include the correct daily keyword. Keywords will air on Q13 News This Morning, weekdays between 5:45 a.m. PT and 6:15 a.m. PT during the Sweepstakes period. One (1) entry per person per day. 1 Prize: vacation package which consists of: 4 round trip coach air fares on Alaska Airlines between SeaTac & a SoCal airport, 4 round trip ground transfers between the SoCal airport and The Disneyland® Resort, 1 standard room for 2 consecutive nights at a Disneyland® Resort Hotel, & up to 4 3-Day 1-Park per day Disneyland® Resort Tickets good for admission to Disneyland® Park or Disney California Adventure® Park (subject to restrictions). ARV: $3,368.00. Odds depend on # of elig. entries. Travel must be booked and completed by 12/15/20. Full rules at q13fox.com/contests. Sponsor: KCPQ.