King County Metro is offering free bus rides to New Year’s Eve celebrations across the county.
The rides are free from 7 p.m. New Year’s Eve through 4 a.m. on New Year’s Day. Free rides on Metro service are sponsored in part by Seattle Center, which draws thousands of people for New Year’s Eve festivities.
Rides will be free on:
- Metro buses
- Via to Transit Southeast Seattle (extended service until 2 a.m., Jan. 1)
- Seattle Streetcar (service extended to 1 a.m. on South Lake Union; First Hill offers regular service until 1 a.m.)
- Community Van
- Community Ride
- Access paratransit
Fare is still required on:
- Seattle Monorail (an important link between Seattle Center and downtown transit options)
- Sound Transit Link light rail
- Sound Transit Express buses