SEATTLE — Several homes were evacuated Monday morning after a natural gas leak in south Seattle.
According to the Seattle Fire Department, crews were called shortly after 8:00 a.m. to a home in the 10300 block of Rainier Ave. S.
Nearby homes in that block and the 10400 block were evacuated as a precaution, firefighters said.
Later that afternoon, Puget Sound Energy crews said that a device intended to kill moles and gophers overheated and burned a hole in a service line.
Officials say you should always call 811 before you dig. A crew will come out free of charge and mark where underground service lines are located so you can avoid them.