Electrical fire forces the evacuation of ice skating rink

Photo courtesy Puget Sound Fire

KENT, Wash. (AP) — A Kent ice skating rink has reopened following a small fire on Sunday.

Puget Sound Fire responded to a sprinkler alarm at 11:30 a.m. Sunday at the Kent Valley Ice Centre.

The report was upgraded to a commercial building fire after it was reported that smoke was coming from the compressor room used for the ammonia-based cooling system.

Staff at the facility safely evacuated everyone from the building. There were no injuries.

Firefighters found a large electrical panel that had caught fire. They quickly extinguished the blaze and there was no danger of an ammonia leak.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.