4 dogs die in Renton area house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

RENTON, Wash. -- Fire officials say 4 dogs died in a house fire Wednesday evening in the East Renton Highlands.

An initial investigation points to a heater tipping over and igniting a mattress at a home in the 20000 block of SE 145th Street in Maple Hills.

Eastside Fire officials say the mattress ended up smoldering for a long time before the fire broke out about 9 p.m. and then spread to the garage.

At least one person will be displaced, but no humans were hurt in the fire.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.