SULTAN, Wash. -- This isn't the best time of year for turkeys. But rescued turkeys at Pasado's Safe Haven in Snohomish County got to indulge in a dinner made just for them on Saturday.
The rescued turkeys got to enjoy a four-course Thanksgiving-themed vegan meal prepared by nationally recognized holistic chef Jason Kieffer (see menu below).
They also got some extra love and attention from human guests who attended the dinner.
Pasado's says the event called, Thanksgiving for the Turkeys is one of the most popular events at the sanctuary.
Each year approximately 46 million turkeys are killed to be the centerpieces on Thanksgiving tables. Pasado's says this event is held to showcase a compassionate alternative celebration that embraces the spirit of the season.
- Smoked Corn and Green Chili Biscuits
- Toasted Almond Butter and Wild Blueberry Spread
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Yellow Curry Bisque
- Cilantro-Pepper Cream, Toasted Pepitas, Cardamon Extract
- Shaved Fennel and Baby Rocket
- Roasted Root Vegetables, Herbed Cashew Cheese and Cider-Dill Vinaigrette
- Herb Crusted Tofu with Washington Apples
- Roasted Shallot and Sherried Wild Mushroom Sauce
- Cauliflower and Parsnip Mash
- Sage Oil
- Pomegranate-Cranberry and Ginger Chutney
- Fresh Mint and Absolute Essence
- Confetti Quinoa and Roasted Corn Stuffing
- Toasted Pecans, Carrot and Lemon-Thyme
- Crisp Green Beans with Lemon and Roasted Garlic
- Orange Supremes
- Warm Baked Apple and Pumpkin Pie Mousse
- Oat and Hemp Seed Crumble
More information about Pasado’s Safe Haven and the work we do on behalf of animals can be found here: www.PasadoSafeHaven.org.