Fire at Snohomish substation spreads to brush near homes

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SNOHOMISH, Wash. — Authorities say a fire that likely started at a Snohomish substation spread to brush and threatened some homes Thursday afternoon.

First responders believe the fire in the 900 block of Ludwig Rd. may have started at an electrical substation.

Snohomish PUD said around 1:30 p.m., 6,000 customers in the Snohomish and southeast Everett were without power. Crews were responding.

An official with Snohomish County Fire District 7 said a majority of the fire was knocked down by 2:00 p.m.

Firefighters remained at the scene to mop up hot spots. The fire was burning in a grassy area under powerlines.

Officials said Snohawk-10 was called in to dump water on the fire from above.

Crews are investigating whether a transformer exploded causing the fire.

This is a developing story and will be updated.

Google Map for coordinates 47.923218 by -122.109193.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.