Pennsylvania toddler hospitalized after eating bag of meth

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Methamphetamine also known as crystal meth

WAYNE TOWNSHSIP, Penn. – Parents of a toddler are facing child endangerment charges after state police say the girl ate a bag of meth, WNEP reported.

State police said the 22-month-old girl had to be flown to the hospital after swallowing the drugs at a home near Schuylkill Haven on Sunday morning.

Investigators said charges are pending against the girl’s parents, John Kemmerer, 26, and Leanne Popp, 24, both of Auburn.

There is no word on the child’s condition.