Official: Lithium battery possibly started Boise State fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

BOISE, Idaho (AP) _ Officials say a lithium battery might have started a fire that partially destroyed a modular office building at Boise State University over the weekend.

State Fire Marshal Knute Sandahl tells the Idaho Statesman (http://bit.ly/2h7r7Gp) in a story on Monday that investigators are closely looking at the recharging of a lithium battery.

The fire on Saturday destroyed part of an office building and damaged equipment that’s part of the school’s robotics lab.

Sandahl didn’t have a damage estimate but predicted it would be in the tens of thousands of dollars.

There were no reports of injuries.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.