Man dies trying to retrieve his phone from burning trailer

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

File: Facebook icon as seen on tablet

COLLEGE GROVE, Tenn. – A man was killed in a fire that started in a trailer behind a home on Sunday night, WSMV reported.

Family members of the victim said that 47-year-old Mark Berry was staying with his brother in the trailer on Patterson Road.

His brother, John Berry, said they were woken by his dog just before midnight. He said the trailer was full of smoke and Mark’s mattress was on fire.

John told Channel 4 his brother fell asleep with a cigarette in his hand.

The two men and the dog got out of the trailer, but John says his brother went back in to get his phone. That’s the last time he was seen alive.

The camper is a complete loss. The house was also damaged.


Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.