Man dies trying to retrieve his phone from burning trailer
COLLEGE GROVE, Tenn. – A man was killed in a fire that started in a trailer behind a home on Sunday night, WSMV reported.
Family members of the victim said that 47-year-old Mark Berry was staying with his brother in the trailer on Patterson Road.
His brother, John Berry, said they were woken by his dog just before midnight. He said the trailer was full of smoke and Mark’s mattress was on fire.
John told Channel 4 his brother fell asleep with a cigarette in his hand.
The two men and the dog got out of the trailer, but John says his brother went back in to get his phone. That’s the last time he was seen alive.
The camper is a complete loss. The house was also damaged.