SEATTLE — Drivers heading into , out of or through Seattle need to be aware of several major closures this weekend including the SR 520 floating bridge and SR 99.
The floating bridge will close at 11 p.m. Friday through 5 a.m. Monday morning as crews complete maintenance, restriping, install tolling equipment and place concrete for the new West Approach Bridge North Structure.
The Alaskan Way Viaduct will be closed from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday between South Spokane Street and the north end of the Battery Street Tunnel. On Sunday, the north end of the closure will extend on the north end to Valley Street. This is all for the viaduct’s semiannual inspection.
There is some good news though — The Washington Huskies football game is at Oregon this weekend and the Seahawks are off this week. So no big sports traffic.
Here are the details from WSDOT:
SR 520 Closure details
- 11 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday: All lanes and ramps of SR 520 between 92nd Avenue Northeast and Montlake Boulevard will close.
- The on-ramp from Montlake Boulevard to westbound SR 520 will remain open.
- Eastbound SR 520 between I-5 and the off-ramp to Montlake Boulevard will remain open.
- The bicycle and pedestrian path on the floating bridge will close.
Viaduct semiannual closure details
- 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 8, and Sunday, Oct. 9: SR 99 will be closed between South Spokane Street and the north end of the Battery Street Tunnel.
- In addition, between 6 a.m. and 3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 8 only, the north end of the closure will extend to Valley Street in both directions. Drivers wishing access northbound SR 99 can do so using Valley Street.