Storm slams Washington, leaving thousands without power
Q13 FOX Season of Giving

Child possibly ingested LSD near Oregon Country Fair

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

VENETA, Ore. (AP) _ A toddler has recovered after possibly ingesting LSD at a campground near the Oregon Country Fair.

The Lane County Sheriff’s Office says the parents found the boy on the Fourth of July with a piece of tinfoil that had dots on it, resembling LSD. Within minutes, the child started acting strangely.

The boy who is 19 months old was taken to a local hospital and then transferred to a Portland children’s hospital. He has since been released.

The Register-Guard reports (https://is.gd/Jzxoaa ) the substance is being tested to determine if it is the psychedelic drug.

The parents and toddler were staying at a campground near the fair property, several days before the free-wheeling event officially began.

The sheriff’s office says the parents are not facing charges because there’s no indication they possessed whatever substance the child ingested.