Ask a Cop: I’m traveling to Washington state soon — how can I legally carry a gun there?

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Q: I’m from Pennsylvania, but traveling to Washington state soon and want to legally carry a gun there like I do in my home state. What do I need to do? — Wayne

A: “Washington state and Pennsylvania do not have reciprocity as it applies to concealed pistol license carry. However, if you’re planning to attend an event in Washington state and want to carry concealed you may apply through the local police department on the area you plan to visit and ask for a concealed pistol license. You do not need to be a resident in Washington state to apply for a concealed pistol license.” — Fife Police Chief Pete Fisher

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.