Fire outside Kurt Cobain’s former home in Seattle

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SEATTLE -- A fire outside of Kurt Cobain's former Seattle home caused nearly $50,000 in damage.

Firefighters were called around 3 a.m. to the home on Lake Washington Blvd.

Officials said it appeared the fire started because rags and other materials were improperly thrown out.

The fire ended up burning the outside of the garage and home.