Hoverboard sparked fire in Arlington condo while owner was away

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

ARLINGTON, Wash. -- Arlington firefighters had to put out a condo fire that was started by a hoverboard Monday, the Arlington Firefighters IAFF Local 3728 said.

The condo "suffered minor damage thanks to a passerby that noticed the fire and notified the fire department," the local said on its Facebook page., noting that numerous hover board fires have been documented across the country.

"We recommend not purchasing hover boards, but if you insist, you should never leave the device unattended while it is charging. No injuries were reported and on duty crews quickly extinguished the fire. Had the passerby not noticed the fire and intervened the outcome would have been very different," the post said.

 

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.