Grease fire in deli caused blaze at Haggen Foods in Auburn, investigators say

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

AUBURN – A grease fire in one of the delis caused a fire at Haggen Foods in Auburn on Thursday night, investigators with the Valley Regional Fire Authority said Friday.

The blaze started  in the Oriental Express Deli, moving quickly past the hood and duct system and spreading to the ceiling, where it pushed smoke out through a vent.

The buidling’s sprinkler system went off, helping to suppress the fire until firefighters arrived.

The store is open again, but the deli is still closed.

Investigators said no damage estimate is available yet.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.