6 found dead in Michigan; carbon monoxide suspected

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

FENTON TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — Six members of a family have died of what police say might have been carbon monoxide poisoning at a Michigan home.

WJRT-TV and The Flint Journal report the victims were found Sunday in Fenton Township, near Flint.

Sheriff Robert Pickell tells the television station a generator was being run in the basement of the house, likely due to a Friday night power outage.

A relative found the four children and two adults Sunday afternoon in their bedrooms.

Genesee County Undersheriff Chris Swanson told the newspaper the home was being cleared Sunday of some type of toxic fumes.

A Consumers Energy utility crew was called to the home.

 

Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.