Oregon boy sickened by marijuana-infused cookie

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) _ An 8-year-old Oregon boy was hospitalized after eating a marijuana-infused cookie that he found on the ground.

The Oregonian reports (http://bit.ly/249mYpm) that 30-year-old Jessica Hart says her boyfriend took her son, Jackson, on an outing to a local rock quarry. While there, Jackson spotted a cookie in its original packaging and Hart’s boyfriend told the boy not to eat it.

But Hart says the boy ate it while the adult’s back was turned. She says Jackson came home complaining that he was sick and said he was “vibrating all over.”

Hat’s boyfriend found the cookie’s packaging, which said the cookie had an estimated 50 milligrams of THC.

She took the boy to the hospital, where he was given intravenous fluids and monitored by emergency room staff for about five hours.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.