Police: Death of 2 men from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning likely an accident

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

RENTON, Wash. — Renton police say the death of two people, apparently from carbon monoxide poisoning, appears to be an accident.

Police say relatives found the two adults around 3 p.m. Monday when they went to their home to visit. The home is in the 500 block of Seneca Avenue Northwest.

Officials identified the victims as two men, 28 and 66 years old. The older man was a resident at the home and the younger man was a visitor.

Investigators say it appears the 66-year-old man was running his car in the garage with the door down to charge the battery. The car was not often used and the battery had to be recharged regularly.

Officers found the key in the ignition, but the car was not running and the battery was again dead. They said it appeared the car ran out of gas and shut off.

The medical examiner will release an official time and cause of death.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.