SEATTLE -- Buried deep in the law books in states across the U.S. are some very interesting laws.
Many of them have us wondering how or why they ever became laws in the first place?
Although we are thinking that not all of these laws are actually enforced anymore.
Olivet Nazarene University looked at all 50 states. Here are some of the wacky laws they found:
- In Alabama, it's illegal to wear a fake mustache that causes laughter in church.
- In Connecticut, a pickle cannot be legally considered a pickle unless in bounces.
- In Maine, it's illegal to keep Christmas decorations up after January 14th.
- In Missouri, it is illegal to drive with an uncaged bear.
- In Washington, the harassing of bigfoot, sasquatch or other undiscovered subspecies is a felony punishable by a fine and/or imprisonment.
- In Idaho, it's illegal to give your sweetheart a box of chocolates weighing more than 50 pounds
- In Oregon, it's illegal to go hunting in a cemetery
- In Hawaii, it's illegal to place coins in one's ears
- In Alaska, it's illegal to wake a sleeping bear to take a photo