2 men burned in house fire sparked by hash oil operation
YAKIMA, Wash. (AP) — Two men were badly burned in a house fire that Yakima officials say was sparked during the manufacture of hash oil.
Yakima fire and police were called to a house fire early Tuesday.
A preliminary investigation revealed the occupants of the home were illegally manufacturing hash oil using butane fuel canisters and acetone when a fire erupted resulting in a small explosion.
Two male suspects, ages 21 and 37, arrived at Yakima Memorial Hospital about an hour after the fire was reported. Both had severe burns to their face, arms and legs. They were airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
They weren’t immediately arrested because of their injuries. The home was occupied by five children who were sleeping at the time of the fire. The children were not injured.