Second case of measles confirmed in Port Angeles
PORT ANGELES, Wash. — Tests on Thursday confirmed that a 5-year-old girl in Port Angeles has measles, it was reported. It’s the second case of measles in Port Angeles in weeks.
The Peninsula Daily News said Dr. Tom Locke, public health officer for Clallam and Jefferson counties, told the newspaper that the infected child is at her home and has been kept from others outside her family since Wednesday night.
However, anyone who was in the waiting room at the Peninsula Children’s clinic on Wednesday at 902 Caroline St. was exposed, he said. The child was seen on the first day of developing a rash and would have been contagious since Saturday.
He said public health officials will check to see where the child had been. If she had been in public places, an advisory will be issued, he told the newspaper.
A 52-year-old Port Angeles man who had been hospitalized with measles is now fully recovered, the newspaper said.