Chargers hold off Seahawks 24-14

Ten students sickened after ingesting chili powder at school

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Video courtesy of The Columbian

VANCOUVER, Wash. — Ten students at a Vancouver school were sickened Wednesday after ingesting chili powder, according to FOX 12 Oregon.

Administrators at McLoughlin Middle School called 911 when students went to the main office after becoming sick and vomiting.

The students initially said they ate some sort of candy, but a district spokesperson said it turned out to be a chili-lemon seasoning powder.

Paramedics responded to the school and two students were taken to the hospital. Their conditions were not known.

The Columbian reports seven boys and three girls, all between the ages of 11 and 13 got sick.

Administrators said they were investigating and no other details were immediately available.

A letter from the principal was sent home to parents about the situation Wednesday.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

5 comments