Garage fire displaces 8 from Seattle home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Seattle firefighters cleanup after a Saturday morning fire on 19th Avenue. Photo: David DeOtte/KCPQ

Eight people were displaced on Saturday morning after a fire damaged their Seattle home.

Firefighters were called to the home on the 300 block of 19th Avenue just after 5:20 a.m. There was fire in the garage, with smoke spreading into the main part of the house.

Seattle Fire spokesperson Helen Fitzpatrick said that the fire was put out within 10 minutes, but smoke damage was evident throughout the home. There were no injuries to residents or firefighters.

The cause was determined to be combustible materials being too close to a furnace inside the garage, Fitzpatrick said. The damage is estimated at $70,000.

The Red Cross is helping out the eight people who live at the home.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s


Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.