One injured in overnight house fire in Kent

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Kent firefighters work on a Sunday morning fire on Military Road. Photo courtesy of Capt. Kyle Ohashi, Kent FD.

KENT, Wash. – A house fire in west Kent displaced two people and injured one early Sunday morning.

The fire was reported just after 12:30 a.m. on the 24900 block of Military Road South. Kent Fire Department spokesperson Capt. Kyle Ohashi said that flames were coming through the roof and visible through windows when crews arrived.

Firefighters not only had to work to put the fire out at the home, but also to make sure it did not spread to a home next door. That effort was a success.

Three people were inside the home when the fire started. All got out safely, but Ohashi said that one started coughing and showing signs of smoke inhalation. That person was taken to a hospital for treatment.

It was announced later on Sunday morning that an unattended candle was determined to be the cause of the fire.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.