One injured in overnight house fire in Kent
KENT, Wash. – A house fire in west Kent displaced two people and injured one early Sunday morning.
The fire was reported just after 12:30 a.m. on the 24900 block of Military Road South. Kent Fire Department spokesperson Capt. Kyle Ohashi said that flames were coming through the roof and visible through windows when crews arrived.
Firefighters not only had to work to put the fire out at the home, but also to make sure it did not spread to a home next door. That effort was a success.
Three people were inside the home when the fire started. All got out safely, but Ohashi said that one started coughing and showing signs of smoke inhalation. That person was taken to a hospital for treatment.
It was announced later on Sunday morning that an unattended candle was determined to be the cause of the fire.