Family of 3 sickened by carbon monoxide fumes

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Google To Buy Smart Thermostat Maker Nest For 3.2 Billion

Smoke alarm file photo

SEATTLE (AP) — The Seattle Fire Department advises residents to protect themselves from carbon monoxide poisoning by installing a detector in their home for the colorless, odorless gas.

A family of three was sickened by fumes Thursday and firefighters responded to their 911 call from their home in the 5100 block of 41st Street NE.

They found a woman and 10-year-old daughter outside the house but the father was in the basement. All three were given oxygen and transported to a hospital to be checked.

Firefighters discovered the CO was coming from the basement furnace.  Crews secured the furnace and aired out the house until the air inside was safe to breathe.

The residents will be staying at relatives until the furnace can be repaired, firefighters said.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.