Fire forces evacuation at casino near Olympia

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

fire

OLYMPIA — Firefighters responded to a fire at the Red Wind Casino in the Olympia area.

Lacey Fire District 3 said its crews and other fire departments were on scene late Thursday night.

A fire department spokesperson says the casino has been evacuated. One person was being checked for abdominal pain unrelated to the fire.

A Thurston County sheriff's dispatch center supervisor says she understands the fire started when a tree fell on a large propane tank at the casino.

The fire department spokesman says crews initially responded to a reported gas leak. The spokesman did not have additional details on the fire's cause.

No further information was immediately available. Stay with Q13 FOX for updates on this story.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

2 comments

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.