Kitchen fire singes home on Thanksgiving holiday

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
From Lynnwood Fire

From Lynnwood Fire

LYNNWOOD — Firefighters quickly put out a kitchen fire in Lynnwood early this morning, the first of what could be many to come on Thanksgiving.

According to the Lynnwood Fire Department, crews responded to a report of a kitchen fire around 12:30 a.m. at a home in the 4200 block of 188 Street SW. Crews quickly put out the blaze, which was largely relegated to the kitchen.

Three residents in the home were not injured.

Fire crews discovered the fire was a grease fire that started on the stovetop. The resident — who left the kitchen unattended for a brief period — tried to put out the flames with a fire extinguisher, but had to call 911 when it got out of hand, officials said.

Officials believe the blaze caused about $45,000 in damage to the home.

Firefighters in Lynnwood would like to remind citizens to never leave a hot stovetop unattended while cooking on Thanksgiving.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

1 Comment

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.