NEW YORK (CNNMoney) — Microsoft has launched a new smartwatch, and it makes some majorly lofty promises.
The Microsoft Band will “know you better than you know yourself” and it will “help you be a better human,” according to a company blog post.
So what exactly does the Microsoft Band do?
1) It monitors your heart rate.
2) It tracks your runs and biking with GPS.
3) It monitors ultraviolet levels and tells you whether you need to wear sunscreen.
4) It provides guided workouts from Gold’s Gym, Shape, and Men’s Fitness, urging you to do pushups and other exercises.
5) It shows you how many calories you are burning .
6) It tells you how well you’re sleeping.
7) It syncs with your iPhone, Android smartphone or Windows Phone to display your calendar appointments and text messages.
8) It tells the time.
It’s a cool piece of technology. But does it live up to its promise? You be the judge.
Microsoft Band is available at MicrosoftStore.com and at Microsoft’s brick and mortar stores, for $199.