Former Sammamish cheerleader died of overdose, coroner says
LOUISVILLE, Ky. — A 22-year-old University of Louisville cheerleader from Sammamish whose body was found in her off-campus apartment July 28 died of a drug overdose, the coroner said Thursday.
According to WDRB-TV in Louisville, Jefferson County Coroner Barbara Weakley-Jones told media that marijuana, heroin, amphetamine and Xanax were found in Danielle Cogswell’s system.
Cogswell had been a former Sammamish cheerleader champion.
U of L spokesman Mark Hebert said cheerleaders will now be subject to the same random drug testing as other athletes, WDRB reported.