– Parking on all Seattle streets is free and time-limits are not enforced on Christmas Day.
– Christmas Day is a federal holiday, so Post Offices, banks and credit unions will be closed.
– There will not be any garbage, recycling or yard waste collections Christmas. All regular Wednesday, Thursday and Friday waste collections this week will be postponed until the following day. Seattle residents who subscribe for yard waste collections can also put out your Christmas trees, wreaths or greens for pickup for free holiday composting between Dec. 26 through Jan. 12, 2014.
– Most transit services were operate on a holiday schedule. Sound Transit Express buses will run on a Sunday schedule and only a select number of ST Express routes will run. Sounder commuter rail service will be canceled and Link Light Rail service will be on Sunday schedules.
– King Country Metro Transit will operate on a reduced weekday schedule – with some routes running regularly and others limited or canceled.
– All Pierce Transit routes will operate on a Sunday schedule and the Tacoma Dome Station will be closed.
– Washington State Ferries will operate on Christmas, but some will have holiday schedules. The Mukilteo/Clinton, Edmonds/Kingston, Seattle/Bainbridge and Point Defiance/Tahlequah routes will be on holiday schedules, while the Seattle/Bremerton, Fauntleroy/Vashon/Southworth and Anacortes/San Juan routes will be on regular service.