WATCH LIVE: Seattle city leaders are giving an update ahead of demonstrations this weekend

Senior home evacuated after accidental fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

image (15)SILVERDALE – Firefighters say unattended food on a stove is to blame for a small fire at a senior housing complex in Silverdale.

Central Kitsap Fire & Rescue were called to the Vintage Senior Housing in Silverdale around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday evening for a structure fire.  When they arrived, they found heavy smoke in the third floor hallway in several of the buildings.

Occupants on the third floor were evacuated as a precaution due to the smoke.

Firefighters say a woman had been cooking when she left the room and lost track of time. She returned to the kitchen to find a fire on her stove.

She initially tried to smother the flames with towels before grabbing a dry chemical extinguisher and putting out the fire.

No one was injured in the incident.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.