Seahawks 2019 regular season schedule released

One injured in garage fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

FireSEATTLE — One man was taken to the hospital when a neglected cigarette sparked a fast-burning garage fire.

The fire started around 11 a.m. in the 3500 block of South Adams Street. Firefighters called to the scene rescued a man caught in the blaze. Hewas taken to Harborview Medical Center for an unrelated medical condition.

The fire was sparked when a man smoking a cigarette fell asleep. The fire spread to the detached basement.

The damage in the basement and garage was estimated at $12,000, fire officials said.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.