Walmart pulls syringe tainted meat

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SEATTLE — The WalMart store in Poulsbo, Wash. is out of $19,000 after a man jabbed a syringe into a package of Jimmy Dean sausage, said Walmart Spokesperson Diane Gee.

The incident happened around 1 a.m. Saturday and was discovered by a shopper around 6 a.m.

Walmart said the only way to ensure customer safety was to throw out all of that brand of meat.

Investigators said the man was high on heroin at the time.

Police arrested him on charges of food poisoning.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s