SEATTLE — Everyone wants to put their best face forward on social media.
Every day, celebrities, individuals and even animals are using their mobile devices to post “selfies” across social networks.
Here are a few tips to putting your best selfie out there.
- Hold steady. If the first picture is blurry, retake it.
- Mix it up. Don’t take the same type of picture every time.
- Take 4-5 pictures in quick succession and pick the best one.
- Keep it appropriate. Make sure it’s OK to be seen by your friends, family, and even unintended recipients. Remember nothing is ever permanently gone from the Internet.
- Watch out for amateur mistakes. Make sure an arm or finger isn’t blocking the picture.
- Take your selfies in front of a landmark. Wherever you may be, give your selfie a cool background.
- Watch out for photo bombers.