UW lab tech burns arm in acid spill

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

photoSEATTLE — A man suffered burns to his arm Friday morning at the University of Washington when a 2-liter beaker of Hydrochloric Acid broke.

According to the Seattle Fire department, a lab tech in his 20s suffered first-degree burns on his arm when the bottle of acid broke in the 600 block of NE Northlake Place at a UW lab. No other injuries were reported.

The fifth floor of the lab was evacuated and Seattle HazMat crews were called in to clean up the spill. The floor was slated to remain closed while crews worked to cleanup the spill.

This story will be updated as more information becomes available.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.