Faulty kitchen light fixture sparks home fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Courtesy Seattle Fire Department

SEATTLE — Faulty wiring in a kitchen light fixture sparked a blaze that ripped through a home Monday in the Bitter Lake neighborhood, Seattle firefighters said.

The fire at the 2-story home started around 3:30 a.m. in the 600 block of North 137th Street in Seattle. The fire started in the kitchen and spread to the attic up above. Fireifghters arrived on scene and managed to contain the fire to the kitchen and the attic.

Four men who lived in the home all made it out safely, fire officials said, but the blaze caused more than $40,000 in damages.

An electrician was at the home Sunday working on a light fixture in the kitchen and officials believe that’s were the fire started.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

1 Comment

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.