Can a cop help me leave my wife?

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

zzcop doorQ: Can I get a cop to be in the house while I’m leaving my wife? — Pat

A: “Pat, that’s a great question, and absolutely, you call your local police department and let them know when you’re going to be at the house, and they’ll be glad to set up a time and come by and keep the peace. And, we’d much rather you call ahead of time, then after the fact when a fight starts. So absolutely, we’re glad to come by and keep the peace.” — Fircrest Police Chief John Cheesman

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.