Man dies in rural Whatcom County fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

FireLYNDEN, Wash. — A Whatcom County man was found dead after his home was burned by fire late Saturday night south of Lynden, Wash., the Bellingham Herald reported.

According to the Herald, the 72-year-old man died in the fire at 1395 Willeys Lake Road. When firefighters arrived, they found the first floor had collapsed into the basement. Crews were unable to enter the building until the fire was out, officials said.

About 25 firefighters worked through the night to put out the blaze, police said.

The man’s name has not yet been released, but his relatives have been notified of his death.

Fire investigators said the fire started with an electrical problem in the home. It did not seem suspicious.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.