Q13 FOX and JOEtv (KCPQ-TV/KZJO-TV, Seattle, WA) have an immediate F/T opening for a GRAPHIC DESIGNER / WEB COORDINATOR. This position will be responsible for maintaining business unit websites, including CMS updates, redesign, monitoring and daily maintenance. This position will incorporate content, graphics, and video for all areas of the station website(s). This position will also support stations in other graphic design needs including print and motion design.
- CMS management, website layout design, HTML markup of text, graphics creation, and trouble-shooting.
- This position will be held accountable for both technical and day-to-day results for specified areas of the station websites services.
- Monitor technical issues/problems, provide routine testing and proactive maintenance of all assigned websites are required to maintain optimal reliability, accuracy; and efficiency for end-use satisfaction.
- Will work closely with Creative Services to execute posting of marketing, promotion and sales-related projects onto corresponding web sites.
- Will interface regularly with Tribune Digital to ensure compliance with company directives is met.
- Individual will have design responsibility for web and on-air elements.
- This position will attend Creative Services department meetings and work with other departments as required.
Miscellaneous duties as assigned by management of the station.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects
- At least one year of professional web development experience.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in HTML and CSS a plus.
- A degree in Computer Science, Marketing, Digital Media, Design, or previous equivalent work experience preferred.
- An astute attention to detail, with a strong acuity to user experience design is a plus.
- Experience with interactive projects and interest in new media desirable.
- Must have the ability to balance the demands of both and long short-term projects, while meeting daily deadlines.
- Must work effectively under pressure, manage conflict and solicit ideas and opinions.
- Must be able to work independently and be a self-starter, and have the ability to work with multiple departments. Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are expected.
- Project management experience is a plus. Broadcast television experience is a plus.
To apply please submit your resume and portfolio at the following address:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
No phone calls, please.