Cody Simpson – photo credit – Chelsea Roisum
SEATTLE – Students from across the state are in for a long list of actors, musicians, sports stars and other inspirational celebrities as part of We Day Seattle.
Wednesday organizers announced the lineup of world-renowned leaders and A-list entertainers including Edward Norton, Joe Jonas and Cody Simpson.
More than 15,000 students and teachers from at least 450 schools across Washington will attend the incredible event at Key Arena on March 21st.
Organized by Free The Children, We Day asks students to earn their way into the event by committing to take action on a local and global cause that they care about.
Seahawks coach Pete Carroll helped reveal the guest lineup, which includes some of his players: Russell Wilson, Derrick Coleman, Bobby Wagner and Jermaine Kearse.
“We were so fired up to see the impact thousands of young people from across Washington made last year as part of the We Day movement,” said Carroll. “Like us they were just getting warmed up. This year, we are excited to bring students back to We Day Seattle to celebrate their incredible work and support them as they continue to make their marks on the world.”
Here is a complete list of guests:
• Edward Norton (@EdwardNorton) – Actor, Filmmaker, and Co-founder, CrowdRise
• Joe Jonas (@joejonas) – GRAMMY®-nominated, multi-platinum artist and Free The Children ambassador
• Cody Simpson (@CodySimpson) – Australian pop singer and award-winning musician
• Pete Carroll (@PeteCarroll) – Head Coach of the Seattle Seahawks, 2014 Super Bowl Champions, and We Day Seattle Co-Chair
• Russell Wilson, Derrick Coleman, Bobby Wagner and Jermaine Kearse – 2014 Super Bowl Champions Seattle Seahawks players
• Martin Luther King III – Human rights advocate and eldest son of the late Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
• Jesse Giddings (@jessegiddings) – E! News correspondent, Free The Children ambassador and co-host of We Day Seattle
• Craig and Marc Kielburger (@craigkielburger) – co-founders of Free The Children
• Spencer West (@spencer2thewest) – Me to We inspirational speaker, Free The Children ambassador, author and double amputee who climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro
• Hannah Alper (CallmeHannah.ca) – 11-year-old Me to We inspirational speaker, Free The Children ambassador, blogger and youth activist
• We Day Seattle will also see local youth leaders and performers take the stage including Nandie Oosthuzien, Founder and CEO of Hand and Heart, local youth Adora Syitak and Daniel Franco, The Connection, a local hip hop dance group, and the Seattle Rock Orchestra.
Q13 FOX is an official partner of We Day Seattle along with Microsoft and The Allstate Foundation. We will provide live coverage of We Day Seattle on-air and online throughout the day on March 21st.